Thursday, March 10, 2011

Digital Studio: "Dreamworks Project"

For the open Digital Studio, I will be working on the project dubbed the "Dreamworks Project." This project is thus named because a Dreamworks associate will be mentoring the group. The goal of the project is to create a short film that combines live action shots with 3D special effects. The scene that is being rendered will be that of two martial artists fighting. Upon one heavy blow, the defenders arm will begin to crack. With another strike, his arm shatters. This Project incorporates several departments combining film, 3D, programming, and choreography.

My main job within the group will be as a modeler and UVer. Tomorrow night, the group will meet with the actors before the taping where it is my job to gather orthographic images of the actors arm that will be shattered. I will take reference images of the actors arms with fingers out, and in a closed fist. I will also take additional images of the actors arm in a position that is as close as possible to the actual position the arm will be in when it shatters. These images will help me model the arm and also provide possible textures.

Once my job as modeler is complete I will continue to work with the team. My focus, once all modeling is final, will be assisting Anthony Castaneda with creating realistic appearing particle shatter effect. I am very excited about seeing where this project goes and how it will turn out.

-Doody

No comments:

Post a Comment