Thursday, March 10, 2011

Project Pipeline

For this project, I have offered to create assets for a game called Blocks: The Devilish Delivery Game. The Game is currently available on XBox Live under the Independent Game section and the development team now intends to port the game to mobile devices. The game will retain its 3D graphics and style and gameplay but in a simplified form with a lower poly-count. The studio, Darkwind Media, plans to implement a simple character to add more appeal to the already addictive game.

I was approached by Darkwind to create this character for them along with many other small assets to add to the aesthetics of the world they are creating. The character known as the "Tiki-man" has already been designed and placed into orthographic images for me to work from in Maya. I will be constructing a low-poly and high-poly version of the assets for both in game and rendering purposes. A full list of assets and images will be posted here soon.

The character will be simple, but will need to be rigged and weighted for animation. The current plan is to have him dance around when the player delivers the block to the island. I hope to create a small animation of this dance for this class. Additionally, I will be rendering a turntable with wireframe for most of the assets I create.

Until Next time,

-Doody

No comments:

Post a Comment