Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Digital Studio: Progress

I had a lot of time to work today on the arm and hand model for the project. Using the images that I had gathered last weekend, I was able to construct a hand that matched the hand of the actor reasonably well. I planned to model the hand first and then use some basic rigging and a little weight painting to make the hand close into the first.


I am leaving the wrist and arm separate for now and will combine them once I have the final pose of the arm from the film. Once I had the arm and hand modeled to match the images as best I could, I began to rig the hand to close into a fist.


Once the hand was clenched, I painted joint weights to make the fingers look as accurate as possible. From there I deleted the history, separating the hand from the joints, and used the "Sculpt Geometry Tool" to fix any stretching from using the joints as well as fill in the closed fist to get a better realistic feeling of the soft tissues in the hand and fingers.


Here is the resulting model. The hand and arm look good enough for this point in time and may need to be changed later to match the models hand in the film.

-Doody

No comments:

Post a Comment