Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Shatter Project: Body Collision

Now that the base models have been completed, I have been working on setting up a collision mask for one of the bodies. To create the shatter effect we are using dynamics applied to a pre-shattered model, and when these pieces break off, they will also generate particles. When the particles go flying, we want them to collide with the body for a more realistic effect. To do this, a simple body was rigged and skinned and it was then my job to animate the body to match movement of the actor.


The silhouette this time did not need to be perfect, but at least follow the movement of the body decently. I personally am not too worried about the precision of the collision given that with direction of the impact and gravity effect applied, its unlikely particles will collide with the body, and the few that do collide will not be noticeable due to the amount of action in the shot. Regardless, I matched the body to the best of my abilities. From here on, I will be working on composting, removing the arm from the footage in After Effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment