Monday, April 18, 2011

Tiki-Man Color Texture


 

Above is a screen shot of the Tiki-man with his color texture applied. Using the normals' red and green channels, I generated a gray-scale texture for the Tiki-man. This gray-scale texture became a template for coloring him. The gray-scale texture was also used to create the illusion of depth within the diffuse texture. Using photoshop, I was able to use the template I had created to paint in the colors where they were needed. I attempted to remain as close to the original concept art as possible.

2 comments:

  1. Evan -
    I wonder if you may have taken the color a little too far - you have a lot of contrast in the pectoral area. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. There are many of areas the skin that need the darks toned down. I'm not sure how I let the chest get so bright in comparison to the stomach. Thanks for the input!

    ReplyDelete